Updated: April 2010
The Leukemia/BMT Program of BC is part of Vancouver Coastal Health and Provincial Health Services Authority. We are committed to maintaining confidentiality and personal privacy. Collection, use, disclosure and retention of personal information must comply with the provisions of the BC Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
What is Personal Information
Personal information means recorded information about an identifiable individual other than contact information and would include, but is not limited to, such things as an individual’s name, address, birth date, e-mail address, phone number, blood type and health care history.
What Kind of Information is Being Collected
Unless you provide additional information, we collect only the following information as you browse through our web site:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address and browser-type
- The date and time of your visit
- The pages visited within our site
- The address of the referrer web site, if you have been referred to our site by a search engine (or other site).
- We collect this information for statistical purposes and for evaluating our website to make it more useful to visitors. Our software records the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of computers that contact our web site. We use these addresses to generate geographic-related statistics, and to help administer the site, in general. We make no attempt to link addresses with the identities of individuals visiting our site.
- If you send an email message to us or complete a questionnaire, form, or other on-line survey found on our web site, we only use your personal information for responding to and processing your requests for information. Personal information collected will only be used for the specific purpose for which you provided the information and will not be made available to others for any other purpose. Information provided by you becomes a record of the organization under the control of the BC Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We do not disclose, give, sell or transfer any personal information about our website visitors unless required for law enforcement or otherwise provided for by law.
The Leukemia/BMT Program of BC web site contains links to other web sites. The Leukemia/BMT Program of BC is not responsible for the privacy practices of these web sites.
Information sent to our web site over the Internet is not secure. This means that if the visitor uses the e-mail addresses published on this site to send an e-mail, the information provided may be intercepted as it travels to our web site. We will not be responsible for any damages suffered by individuals as a result of the transmission and information that is sent to us or for any errors or changes made to transmitted information.